Jared Tendler is a mental game coach for poker players and competitive athletes as well. He’s the author of the “Mental Game of Poker” Book 1 and Book 2, widely popular books for poker players on motivation, tilt control and reaching the zone for optimal performance. Check out his website http://jaredtendlerpoker.com/ for more information and excellent content.
Jared hosts a podcast called The Mental Game. He has interviewed some of the poker world’s heavy hitters, such as Daniel Negreanu and Phil Galfond. This time, WSOP Main Event 2014 winner, Martin Jacobson sits down with Jared for a 30-minute talk. Martin started the Final TAble as the short stack, was down to 7 big blinds at the lowest point and made it all the way back to wrap the bracelet around his wrist.
This episode includes:
- How he prepared during the November Nine break
- Why he believes staying positive and his confidence was the key to his victory
- How he created an edge in none traditional ways, including exercise, meditation and yoga
- How having so many near misses prior to the Main Event (2 WPT, 4 EPT and 3 WSOP final tables) impacted his performance at the final
- How he stays motivated after winning the biggest tournament in poker
Find the episode here.